    SubjectRe: Updated git HOWTO for kernel hackers

    On Wed, 22 Jun 2005, Greg KH wrote:

    > Ok, this is annoying. Is there some reason why git doesn't pull the
    > tags in properly when doing a merge? Chris and I just hit this when I
    > pulled his 2.6.12.1 tree and and was wondering where the tag went.

    Tags are private in git (the same way branches are), which means that you
    can have a million of your own tags and never disturb anybody else.

    But, like branches, it means that if you want a tag, you need to know the
    tag you want, and download it the same way you download a branch.

    Linus

      Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:0.022 / U:88.704 seconds]