    SubjectRe: reiser4 plugins
    Markus TЖrnqvist wrote:
    > So merge it as it is and move the stuff to the VFS as needed or
    > deemed necessary. And enable the pseudo interface, or at least
    > set it in menuconfig and enable by default, it needs testing too.
    Reiser4 has a number of great (IMO) things like file as directory,
    atomic operations, different kinds of stat data, fibretions, etc, etc.
    Some thing is not yet ready - doesn't matter. Some of this is of general
    interest, some is Reiser4-dedicated.

    New interfaces are needed to allow users to utilize that all. My point
    is that the things that are of general interest must not be
    Reiser4-only. For example, I should have a possibility to implement
    files-like-dir in _another_ FS using the same interfaces that Reiser4
    uses. That's all I wanted to say.

    The other question that it may be difficult to foresee everything and it
    may make sense to move some things upper in future.

    Best Regards,
    Artem B. Bityuckiy,
    St.-Petersburg, Russia.

      Last update: 2005-06-22 18:31    [W:0.020 / U:9.124 seconds]