    SubjectRe: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.12-rc6-V0.7.48-00
    On Wednesday 22 June 2005 09:51, Gene Heskett wrote:
    >On Wednesday 22 June 2005 09:27, Gene Heskett wrote:
    >>>sure, any extra testing - even if it finds no problems, is just as
    >>>useful. Especially if you have a .config where everything works.
    >>> That way we'll know for sure that any regressions are related to
    >>> PREEMPT_RT.
    >>> Ingo
    >>I can report that mode 4 is not at all well here. I turned it on
    >> and changed the extraversion, built it, and when it booted, it got
    >> to this line and hung:
    >>Checking to see if this processor honours the WP bit even in
    >>supervisor mode... OK.
    >>And I had to use the hardware reset to recover & boot to a mode 3
    >>version of 50-06.
    >>That .config is attached.
    >I can also report that the modules did not get installed, I'd
    >forgotten to rename the src tree to match the extraversion, so the
    >final cd my script makes to install the modules failed. I have a
    > new version building to dbl-check this.

    And that also resulted in the hang at the above lines completion.

    Cheers, Gene
    -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
    99.35% setiathome rank, not too shabby for a WV hillbilly and AOL/TW attorneys please note, additions to the above
    message by Gene Heskett are:

      Last update: 2005-06-22 16:12    [W:0.022 / U:0.580 seconds]