    SubjectRe: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.12-rc6-V0.7.48-00
    On Wednesday 22 June 2005 09:27, Gene Heskett wrote:
    >On Wednesday 22 June 2005 03:40, Ingo Molnar wrote:
    >>* Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@verizon.net> wrote:
    >>> FWIW, 50-06 is running clean here with mode 3 & no hardirq
    >>> threading. Uptime is about 9 hours.
    >>>
    >>> Would it do any good to try mode 4 & see if tvtime still runs?
    >>> Previously, I got the impression that was a dma problem & posted
    >>> some of the logs, but I've not noted any fixes for that go by.
    >>
    >>sure, any extra testing - even if it finds no problems, is just as
    >>useful. Especially if you have a .config where everything works.
    >> That way we'll know for sure that any regressions are related to
    >> PREEMPT_RT.
    >>
    >> Ingo
    >
    >I can report that mode 4 is not at all well here. I turned it on
    > and changed the extraversion, built it, and when it booted, it got
    > to this line and hung:
    >
    >Checking to see if this processor honours the WP bit even in
    >supervisor mode... OK.
    >
    >And I had to use the hardware reset to recover & boot to a mode 3
    >version of 50-06.
    >
    >That .config is attached.

    I can also report that the modules did not get installed, I'd
    forgotten to rename the src tree to match the extraversion, so the
    final cd my script makes to install the modules failed. I have a new
    version building to dbl-check this.

    --
    Cheers, Gene
    -Ed Howdershelt (Author)

      Last update: 2005-06-22 15:56    [W:3.496 / U:0.204 seconds]