SubjectRe: 2.6 sendfile
On Tue, 21 June 2005 23:07:23 +0300, wrote:
> Very interesting patches,but what i need to is a pacth or some points so i
> can change the existing source code according to my needs.Can someone help
> me on that?
> The existing sendfile system call copies data from a file descriptor to a
> socket descriptor.I have already a program that i have to port that uses
> the sendfile syscall from 2.4.x series kernels.In 2.6.x doesnt work.What
> are the minimal changes that have to be done so i can use again the
> syscall in 2.6.x kernel's???

The first two patches (generic_sendpage.patch and sendfile.patch)
should be all you need. But they were rather quick hack and I haven't
seriously looked at them for quite a while.

Maybe I should change that. Several people appear to be generally
interested in the subject.

Data dominates. If you've chosen the right data structures and organized
things well, the algorithms will almost always be self-evident. Data
structures, not algorithms, are central to programming.
-- Rob Pike