    SubjectRe: 2.6 sendfile
    On Tue, 21 June 2005 23:07:23 +0300, nanakos@wired-net.gr wrote:

    > Very interesting patches,but what i need to is a pacth or some points so i
    > can change the existing source code according to my needs.Can someone help
    > me on that?
    > The existing sendfile system call copies data from a file descriptor to a
    > socket descriptor.I have already a program that i have to port that uses
    > the sendfile syscall from 2.4.x series kernels.In 2.6.x doesnt work.What
    > are the minimal changes that have to be done so i can use again the
    > syscall in 2.6.x kernel's???

    The first two patches (generic_sendpage.patch and sendfile.patch)
    should be all you need. But they were rather quick hack and I haven't
    seriously looked at them for quite a while.

    Maybe I should change that. Several people appear to be generally
    interested in the subject.

    Jörn

    --
    Data dominates. If you've chosen the right data structures and organized
    things well, the algorithms will almost always be self-evident. Data