    SubjectRe: git-pull-script on my linus tree fails..
    Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > It's not quite your "switch", though, because it will always _write_ to
    > the current HEAD, it won't be switching the current HEAD around to another
    > branch. I almost think that behavkiour would be more useful, I'll think
    > about how to do it sanely.

    The reason I requested git-checkout-script is to make git-switch-tree
    pretty much trivial. The new git-switch-tree will sit on top of
    git-checkout-script, like

    if $1
    switch HEAD to refs/heads/$1

    So, as created, git-checkout-script is a useful foundation for other

    As of right now, I only have two[1] scripts that are non-vanilla:

    git-switch-tree: retarget .git/HEAD to refs/heads/$1
    git-new-branch: cp refs/heads/master refs/heads/$1

    With git-checkout-script, both of these are now trivial and obvious.

    [1] Actually I have a third, 'git-changes-script'. The only reason I
    use this is that it supports the old BitKeeper syntax of

    cd my-repo-2.6
    git-changes-script -L ../linux-2.6

    to obtain a list of changes that are _only_ present in my-repo-2.6, and
    not in ../linux-2.6 repo. git-changes-script works with .git/HEAD at
    the repo level, and knows nothing of branches (which is fine).

      Last update: 2005-06-21 19:31    [W:0.019 / U:9.316 seconds]