SubjectRe: Linux-2.6.12
On Tue, 21 Jun 2005, Dave Jones wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 08:01:16AM -0400, Richard B. Johnson wrote:
>
> > This is USER MODE TEST code! I case you can't read, check for main().
>
> I chose not to read, I read the license.
>
> > In the real world, we write test code to verify that the driver(s)
> > work. The test code has the company standard header as required by
> > the company management. That's what real engineers have to do,
> > satisfy the customers, and the management. We do not, however,
> > have to satisfy you.
>
> Here's the thing. When you say "This is GPL code", you kind of have
> to ship GPLd code. I realise this is difficult for the hard of thinking,
> but getting creative with MODULE_LICENSE strings isn't good enough.
>
> > >Just fills me with confidence about the GPL'd nature of this driver.
> > >
> > >Due to the "C O N F I D E N T I A L" nature of this driver, I've stopped
> > >reading. Pity, datalink.c was quite amusing.
> >
> > You are really sad.
>
> No Richard, I'm just respectful of the licenses of code that comes my way.
> If you were a "real engineer", perhaps you would do the same.
>
> Anyway, I've given up trying to educate pork, so don't feel compelled
> to reply, I don't expect you to achieve enlightenment any time soon.
>
> Dave

Who do you think you are that you can call me a pig?
Are you so independently wealthy that you don't have to
work for a living? Do you think the management at
Red Hat will allow you to continue to abuse customers?

I have been very conservative in taking abuse from you.
I have even respected your right to an extremely obtuse
and naive concept of intellectual property and how
"GPL" strings somehow validate something. However, I
shall not allow you to call me a pig. You will retract
that statement or I will use all means at my disposal
to have you terminated from your place of employment.

Very Truly Yours,

Richard B. Johnson
Senior Project Engineer
Analogic Corporation
Peabody MA

  Last update: 2005-06-21 14:48    [W:0.049 / U:0.764 seconds]