SubjectRe: Linux-2.6.12
On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 08:01:16AM -0400, Richard B. Johnson wrote:

> This is USER MODE TEST code! I case you can't read, check for main().

I chose not to read, I read the license.

> In the real world, we write test code to verify that the driver(s)
> work. The test code has the company standard header as required by
> the company management. That's what real engineers have to do,
> satisfy the customers, and the management. We do not, however,
> have to satisfy you.

Here's the thing. When you say "This is GPL code", you kind of have
to ship GPLd code. I realise this is difficult for the hard of thinking,
but getting creative with MODULE_LICENSE strings isn't good enough.

> >Just fills me with confidence about the GPL'd nature of this driver.
> >
> >Due to the "C O N F I D E N T I A L" nature of this driver, I've stopped
> >reading. Pity, datalink.c was quite amusing.
>
> You are really sad.

No Richard, I'm just respectful of the licenses of code that comes my way.
If you were a "real engineer", perhaps you would do the same.

Anyway, I've given up trying to educate pork, so don't feel compelled
to reply, I don't expect you to achieve enlightenment any time soon.

Dave

  Last update: 2005-06-21 14:23    [W:1.890 / U:0.028 seconds]