    SubjectRe: [OT] mailing list management
    Paul Jakma napisał(a):
    > On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, Lukasz Stelmach wrote:
    >
    >> I prefere, and I do it, explicit asking for a CC.
    >

    > No need - set a Reply-To to point back at the list.
    >
    > Reply-To isn't ideal, primarily because of dumb MUAs, but it works.
    > There ought to be a better way to indicate this preference, but there
    > isn't unfortunately.

    CC is muc better

    From: someone@subscribed
    CC: someone@subscribed.that.wants.a.personal.copy.of.replies

    From: someone@subscribed

    When we use Reply All to answer all of this messages we get quit a
    senisble behavior. Far more sensible than answering to the list and
    personally to everyone.

    >> And direct replying generates more traffic.
    >
    > ROFL. Direct replies are miniscule compared to regular list traffic
    > which itself is less than the traffic generated by spam.

    Does it mean that we shoudn't try conserve the bandwidth just because
    there is spam?

    --
    Było mi bardzo miło. Trzecia pospolita klęska, [...]
    >Łukasz< Już nie katolicka lecz złodziejska. (c)PP

      Last update: 2005-06-02 12:09    [W:0.022 / U:2.880 seconds]