    SubjectRe: usbnet ethernet duplex issue?
    Date
    On Friday 17 June 2005 12:27 pm, Matt Mackall wrote:

    > So the question is, what's up with duplex? Everything I can find about
    > the hardware (including the ASIX datasheet) claims it's full-duplex
    > capable but aside from the error counters, it's really behaving like a
    > half-duplex device.

    Well, USB itself is half duplex, but that wouldn't explain the issue
    you're seeing. Maybe David Hollis or Phil Chang, who've both worked
    with the ASIX parts, can cast some light on their quirks. This is
    on a 2.6 kernel, I hope ... 2.4 kernels have packet queues a bit too
    high up in the stack to get any real I/O overlap.

    I know that when I've done "ttcp" Linux-to-Linux using a net2280 PCI
    card [1] using CDC Ethernet protocols, I can get a bidirectional
    transfer rate of around 25 Mbyte/sec (maybe a bit more, I forget;
    that's untuned), so the bottleneck isn't the network or USB stacks.

    - Dave

    [1] http://store.yahoo.com/plxtech/net2280evb.html

      Last update: 2005-06-17 21:49    [W:0.020 / U:30.584 seconds]