    SubjectRe: Input sysbsystema and hotplug
    Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
    > On Tuesday 14 June 2005 02:32, Hannes Reinecke wrote:
    >>And yes, we should break compability and come up with a clean
    > But those pesky users scream every time we break their mice ;)
    >>And as the original input event is an abomination I
    >>don't see the point in keeping compability with a broken interface.
    > Why is it abomination (aside from using old mechanism to call
    > hotplug)? It looks like it transmits all data necessary to load
    > appropriate input handler...
    Because there are _two_ events with the name 'input'.
    Both run under the same name but carry different information.
    One is required to load the module and the other is required to create
    the device node.

    That's what I call an abomination.

    Dr. Hannes Reinecke
    SuSE Linux AG S390 & zSeries
    Maxfeldstraße 5 +49 911 74053 688
    90409 Nürnberg

      Last update: 2005-06-14 09:53    [W:0.047 / U:77.288 seconds]