SubjectRe: Input sysbsystema and hotplug
Date
On Monday 13 June 2005 16:26, Kay Sievers wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 04:07:51PM -0500, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> > I am trying to convert input systsem to play nicely with sysfs and I am
> > having trouble with hotplug agent. The old hotplug mechanism was using
> > "input" as agent/subsystem name, unfortunately I can't simply use "input"
> > class because when Greg added class_simple support to input handlers
> > (evdev, mousedev, joydev, etc) he used that name. So currently stock
> > kernel gets 2 types of hotplug events (from input core and from input
> > handlers) with completely different arguments processed by the same
> > input agent.
> >
> > So I guess my question is: is there anyone who uses hotplug events
> > for input interface devices (as in mouseX, eventX) as opposed to
> > parent input devices (inputX).
>
> Hmm, udev uses it. But, who needs device nodes. :)

Oh, OK. Damn, Andrew will hate us for breaking mouse support yet again :(
because there are people (like me) relying on hotplug to load input handlers.
First time I booted by new input hotplug kernel I lost my mouse.

I wonder should we hack something allowing overriding subsystem name
so we could keep the same hotplug agent? Or should we bite teh bullet and
change it?

Adding Andrew to CC...

--
Dmitry