    SubjectRe: Attempted summary of "RT patch acceptance" thread

    Paul E. McKenney wrote:
    > OK. However, should the discussion get to the point where something
    > like RTAI-Fusion has realtime versions of system calls that have
    > globally-visible side-effects (such as I/O, networking, IPC, ...),
    > then the issue of how to get the non-realtime and the realtime variants
    > to play nicely with each other will arise.

    Maybe so, but this will be a problem for the RT folks, not the
    mainstream folks, and that's why I believe this strategy is
    likely to be more feasible.

    > I was responding to your list of combinations of CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT, Adeos,
    > and Fusion, assuming (probably incorrectly) that you and Kristian were
    > looking to compare all the possible combinations. If my assumption is
    > incorrect, then my question was irrelevant, and I apologize for the noise.

    Sorry, there's only so much we can do. Currently, we are redoing
    our earlier tests with what Ingo gave us.

    Karim
    --
    Author, Speaker, Developer, Consultant
    Pushing Embedded and Real-Time Linux Systems Beyond the Limits