    SubjectRe: Attempted summary of "RT patch acceptance" thread

    Paul E. McKenney wrote:
    > OK. However, should the discussion get to the point where something
    > like RTAI-Fusion has realtime versions of system calls that have
    > globally-visible side-effects (such as I/O, networking, IPC, ...),
    > then the issue of how to get the non-realtime and the realtime variants
    > to play nicely with each other will arise.

    Maybe so, but this will be a problem for the RT folks, not the
    mainstream folks, and that's why I believe this strategy is
    likely to be more feasible.

    > I was responding to your list of combinations of CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT, Adeos,
    > and Fusion, assuming (probably incorrectly) that you and Kristian were
    > looking to compare all the possible combinations. If my assumption is
    > incorrect, then my question was irrelevant, and I apologize for the noise.

    Sorry, there's only so much we can do. Currently, we are redoing
    our earlier tests with what Ingo gave us.

    Author, Speaker, Developer, Consultant
    Pushing Embedded and Real-Time Linux Systems Beyond the Limits || || 1-866-677-4546

      Last update: 2005-06-13 22:40    [W:0.021 / U:7.912 seconds]