    SubjectRe: optional delay after partition detection at boot time
    Willy,

    This is for a one-time use option, when the the admin
    is having a hard time finding the root partition, let
    alone the device NAME to boot the system ... proc is
    not even mounted at that point yet.

    I can try booting ten times finding the correct scsi
    device and partition number, but that's hairy
    especially in situations where kernel config and BIOS
    settings affect device detection.

    This is not for slowing everything down, let's say
    just until root is mounted from then on, as you say,
    dmesg and the system logs are available.