SubjectRe: Race condition in module load causing undefined symbols
Date
Well, the bizarre part is that I think this has been around for a while, but
it
does not exhibit itself in redhat kernels which postdate the earliest
recolloction of me seeing it. 2.6.11-rc1 is the earliest I remember,
but I am not religious about updating the kernel on this box so
my samples are spotty.

The difference between the two may be that I recompile for a P4
while redhat uses a lowest common denominator cpu type.

If I get a chance this weekend I will try some other kernels and
report back. Maybe just start out by dumbing down my cpu
type.

Steve

> Stephen Lord <lord@xfs.org> wrote:
>>
>> I disabled hyperthreading and things started working, so are there any
>> HT related scheduling bugs right now?
>
> There haven't been any scheduler changes for some time. There have been a
> few low-level SMT changes I think.
>
> Are you able to identify which kernel version broke it?

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans