    SubjectRe: External USB2 HDD affects speed hda
    Date
    On Wednesday 01 June 2005 6:23 pm, Mikulas Patocka wrote:

    > Didn't you just forget to set H-bit in exactly one queue head? If there's
    > no entry with H-bit set, controller will loop over list of empty heads
    > again and again.

    Two things:

    - Why do you ask that? There's only one QH that _ever_ has that bit set.
    And it's never removed from the async ring.

    - The question should be why the schedule is getting turned on in the
    first place, given there's no work for it to do.

    Until I have some time available to actually look at this, all I can do
    is answer questions and say "hmm, that's strange" given wierd facts. The
    wierdness here is why that "Async" status bit is ever getting set when
    there's no work for it to do.

    - Dave

      Last update: 2005-06-02 04:21    [W:0.019 / U:29.584 seconds]