    SubjectRe: OT] Joerg Schilling flames Linux on his Blog
    On 06/01/05 07:50:57PM +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
    > "Jim Crilly" <jim@why.dont.jablowme.net> wrote:
    >
    > > I don't use cdda2wav so I can't comment, but every other ripping tool that
    > > I've used on Linux has had no problem using the /dev/whatever interface, so
    > > once again it appears that your tool is the blacksheep for no good reason.
    >
    > You should use it as it is even used by people on Win32 because it is the
    > best DAE program for even badly readable sources.

    I'm not an audiophile, I can't tell the difference between a mp3 encoded at
    128k and one encoded at 160k so I really doubt I could tell the difference
    between what cdda2wav and what most other DAE programs would produce. So
    given that the quality of the rips will be effectively equal to my ears,
    I'll use whatever's most convenient.

    > Jörg

    Jim.

      Last update: 2005-06-01 20:24    [W:0.021 / U:31.652 seconds]