Subject[patch 0/6] latest bugfixes for 2.6.12
Date
Here are some more fixes intended for 2.6.12 (and well tested). Can you merge
them soon, Andrew? Thanks.

The first is a particularly bad one since it shows up when you *start*
compiling UML (due to a quilt patch -> normal patch conversion problem, a
file wasn't actually deleted, but it was when applied through quilt). Was
this too quick a merge, maybe? What's your "merging policy" (if any) for
patches?

Also, I had marked some of the patches I sent as needing some staging time in
-mm (especially "uml: redo console locking"), while I had marked other ones
as needing immediate merge. Jeff instead has sent some "cleanup / groundwork
for future work" (which anyway were mostly trivial) together with some urgent
fixes.

Actually they aren't a problem (especially because UML has almost no support
for SMP) however this policy risks breaking things.

We had the exactly opposite problem for 2.6.10 release - some important fixes
which were sent by Jeff just before 2.6.10 release to be merged in it (but
which weren't explicitly marked as such) were merged in 2.6.10-mm1.
--
Paolo Giarrusso, aka Blaisorblade
Skype user "PaoloGiarrusso"