SubjectRE: [patch 1/1] Do not enforce unique IO_APIC_ID for Xeon processors in EM64T mode (x86_64)

> > Sure, I will remove the io_apic_get_unique_id() then.
> Perhaps, it will
> > be easy to put it back in if someone implements a chipset
> that needs it.
>
> I did it myself now.

Ok, great, I was about to put it together, but you beat me to it :) You
probably don't need the "#define IO_APIC_MAX_ID 0xFE: line
anymore?

> > Andi, I submitted the patch for i386 a little while ago
> >
> http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0505.0/0195.html
> (I sent
> > it to you also, but just noticed that it was not your usual email
> > address - where did I get if from? have no idea...) Genapic in i386
> > has a NO_IOAPIC_CHECK flag that is defined in every
> subarch, so it was
> > easy to fix the problem by making use of it in ACPI boot
> path just as
> > it was used in MP path.
>
> That will not help on the other systems who don't have an own
> subarchitecture but still run into problems with the check.
>
> I think the right strategy for i386 would be to remove this
> check thing from the subarchitecture and implement the
> heuristic described in the last mail.

OK, I will do it next then.
Thanks,
--Natalie

  Last update: 2005-05-08 19:32    [W:0.691 / U:0.084 seconds]