SubjectRe: sending ICMP messages in kernel module

rajat swarup wrote:

>Hi,
>I have placed a netfilter hook in which I grab the packets in the
>pre-routing stage.
>I need to send ICMP messages in response to certain messages in this hook.
>I looked at alloc_skb(), skb_reserve() and skb_put() functions but it
>is still not clear to me as to how to construct the packets using
>these methods.
>Since I am getting the packets in the Pre-routing stage should I
>explicitly construct the MAC header, IP header & data & ICMP message?
>Also, I'll need to calculate the checksum to be transmitted in the
>ICMP packet...which method could I use to do that?

Hello,

I had a similar problem once. In the icmp.c file, look at how the ping
echo reply works. That is as close to a tutorial as you will find in
the code. I think you might find it strait forward from there.

-Scott-

  Last update: 2005-05-08 00:22    [W:0.032 / U:0.024 seconds]