    SubjectRe: RT patch acceptance
    On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 21:14 -0400, Karim Yaghmour wrote:

    > Please have a look at RTAI-fusion. It provides deterministic
    > replacements for rt-able syscalls _transparently_ to STANDARD
    > Linux applications. For example, an unmodified Linux application
    > can get a deterministic nanosleep() via RTAI-fusion. The way
    > this works, is that rtai-fusion catches the syscalls prior to
    > them reaching Linux. So even the syscall thing isn't really a
    > limitation for RTAI anymore.

    This looks very interesting. I need to read more into RTAI and friends
    when I get a chance. I just received the latest Linux Journal that has
    the article about the use of RTLinux with the control of magnetic
    bearings. I've just started reading it so I don't know all the details
    yet but it still looks very promising.

    I don't think the adding of preempt-RT patch to the kernel will hurt
    anything. In fact I think it may even help out the RTAI and friends.
    Anyway, as it has been stated, this discussion has started too early.
    (Thanks Daniel ;-)

    -- Steve

    This is the 279th message on this thread (not counting Lee's recent
    "human timing" offshoot)

      Last update: 2005-06-01 03:34    [W:0.020 / U:176.500 seconds]