    SubjectRT patch acceptance
    On Tuesday 31 May 2005 17:15, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
    > If RT is merged and RTAI not, that might be simpler to install, but I
    > wouldn't judje on what's simpler to use based on mainline inclusion or
    > not. I don't work in the emebdded-RT space, but if I had to build an
    > hard-RT embedded app for myself and I didn't need to run syscalls in
    > real time (i.e. no audio ioctls), I'd sure start with RTAI.
    If I can throw my two-cents in here, I'm an embedded RT developer, and I agree
    with Andrea.
    RTAI is a very mature, completely open source real time system these days.
    Regardless of the skill and manpower being leveraged on the RT patch, I gotta
    say it looks like your re-inventing the wheel by not using the work that's
    already been done in RTAI.

    Seems like there is a lot of RTAI speculation going on here.
    Maybe their list should be CC'd on this thread?

    NZG.

      Last update: 2005-06-01 00:42    [W:0.038 / U:0.652 seconds]