    SubjectRe: question : 802.11b WLAN stack in linux
    Tomko wrote:

    > Thx for your reply.
    >
    > Actually i want to use wireless LAN in my embedded linux, i would like
    > to use Philip BGW200 WLAN chip as the wireless module. Except the
    > adapter for this module , do i need to download and plug-in WLAN stack
    > to the kernel or i can just choose to support wlan simply in the
    > menuconfig ?

    As always, if the adapter is supported in the kernel, just select the
    menuconfig support and compile the source. If it's not in the kernel,
    then google and you might find a driver for it.

    Simply google for "BGW200 Linux" or if you have a distro do like "BGW200
    debian"

    PS: I don't think this is the place to talk about this.

    I hope that helps.

    .Alejandro

    > Hope somebody can give me a hand.
    >
    > Regards,
    > TOM
    >
    > Alejandro Bonilla wrote:
    >
    >>> Hi all
    >>>
    >>> Do linux support WLAN stack ? i find in menuconfig but seems
    >>> no there.
    >>> Do anyone know if there any stack and driver adapter of
    >>> wireless in linux ?
    >>>

    >> Of course there are. If you are only talking about a stack, I believe
    >> that
    >> people are working on the ieee80211 stack specifically and if you are
    >> talking about supported adapters, just go to Network Devices and
    >> Wireless
    >> and you should see several drivers there to load into the kernel.
    >>
    >> I really don't understand your question, So I'm assuming that you
    >> want to
    >> know if Linux has support for wireless cards.
    >>
    >> Google can help you further.
    >>
    >> .Alejandro
    >>

    >>> Regards,
    >>> TOM

      Last update: 2005-05-31 06:37    [W:3.531 / U:0.004 seconds]