SubjectRe: [RFC] how do we move the VM forward? (was Re: [RFC] cleanup of use-once)
On Tue, 3 May 2005, Nick Piggin wrote:

> I think the biggest problem with our twine and duct tape page reclaim
> scheme is that somehow *works* (for some value of works).

> I think we branch a new tree for all interested VM developers to work
> on and try to get performing well. Probably try to restrict it to page
> reclaim and related fundamentals so it stays as small as possible and
> worth testing.

Sounds great. I'd be willing to maintain a quilt tree for
this - in fact, I've already got a few patches ;)

Also, we should probably keep track of exactly what we're
working towards. I've put my ideas on a wiki page, feel
free to add yours - probably a new page for stuff that's
not page replacement related ;)

http://wiki.linux-mm.org/wiki/AdvancedPageReplacement