SubjectRe: [2.6 patch] Kconfig: rename "---help---" to "help" in Kconfig files (first part)
On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 12:09:37PM +0200, Roman Zippel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 3 May 2005, Adrian Bunk wrote:
>
> > The separator used for the help is to indent help texts by two
> > additional spaces.
>
> Yes, that's an additional indicator.
>
> > IMHO, Kconfig files are quite readable due to this indentation even
> > though only a minority of the entries was using "---help---" even
> > before this patch.
>
> So why exactly has to be removed? Is it ugly? Does it make Kconfig worse?

The ugly thing is that there are currently two different ways to express
the same thing. It only causes confusion for people who think those
different syntaxes had a different meaning.

> Sorry, but only because it's not used that often, is not enough of a
> reason for me to remove it. If it helps only a little bit to spot the help
> text start easier, it's IMO worth to keep it.

Do you or does anyone else have a problem with spotting the help text
start with "only" two additional spaces indentation?

If it's only for Aunt Tillie it's not required.

> bye, Roman

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.