SubjectRe: CPUFREQ/speedstep on Intel 955X chipset based system
From
Matthias-Christian Ott schrieb:

> Michael Thonke wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I recently bought an Asus P5WAD2 motherboard which uses the Intel 955x
>> chipset.
>> I noticed that CPUFREQ/speedsteps with the same kernel and same
>> config from
>> my system with Intel 925XE and Intel Pentium 640 does not work on the
>> system with
>> Intel 955X chipset (the processor is the same). In Windows it works
>> perfectly on 925XE
>> and 955X chipset.
>> The kernels I used
>>
>> 2.6.12-rc5 vanilla with git4 patch
>> 2.6.12-rc5-mm1.
>>
>> I attached the output of dmesg and `cat /proc/cpuinfo`
>>
> Please turn on cpufreq debugging (see Documentation/ for details) and
> post the output.
>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Best regards
>> Michael
>> [ ... ]
>

> Matthias-Christian Ott

Hello,

the debug infos show following when I try to modprobe speedstep-centrino.

speedstep-centrino: Invalid control/status registers (1 - 1)
speedstep-centrino: <6>speedstep-centrino: invalid ACPI data
speedstep-centrino: <6>speedstep-centrino: found unsupported CPU
with Enhanced SpeedStep: send /proc/cpuinfo to Jeremy Fitzhardinge
<jeremy@goop.org>
speedstep-centrino: Invalid control/status registers (1 - 1)
speedstep-centrino: <6>speedstep-centrino: invalid ACPI data

cpuinfo follows

/Michael

processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 15
model : 4
model name : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz
stepping : 3
cpu MHz : 3211.542
cache size : 2048 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 2
core id : 0
cpu cores : 1
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 5
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm syscall nx lm constant_tsc pni monitor ds_cpl est cid cx16 xtpr
bogomips : 6340.60
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 128
power management:

processor : 1
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 15
model : 4
model name : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz
stepping : 3
cpu MHz : 3211.542
cache size : 2048 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 2
core id : 0
cpu cores : 1
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 5
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm syscall nx lm constant_tsc pni monitor ds_cpl est cid cx16 xtpr
bogomips : 6406.14
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 128
power management:

  Last update: 2005-05-29 23:56    [W:0.047 / U:0.144 seconds]