    SubjectRe: [patch 2/2] x86_64: Collect host bridge resources
    On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 08:58:55PM +0400, Ivan Kokshaysky wrote:
    > On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 08:45:36AM -0700, Rajesh Shah wrote:
    > > The concern here isn't just increasing the size of pci_bus. The
    > > resource pointers in pci_bus point to resource structures in the
    > > corresponding pci_dev structure for p2p bridges. If we want to
    > > maintain this scheme, we'd have to increase the number of resources
    > > in the pci_dev structure too, which increases it for every single
    > > pci device in the system.
    > No. The pci_bus resource pointers are just pointers to _some_ resources
    > and generally aren't tied to particular pci device. For example, the
    > root pci buses often don't even have corresponding bus->self structure,
    > and bus resources are pointers to global io[mem,port]_resource.

    For the transparent p2p bridge problem you mentioned, wouldn't you
    be dealing with p2p bridges, and therefore expect the pci_bus
    resource pointers to point to the corresponding pci_dev resources?
    Or are you proposing to decouple pci_bus resource pointers from
    pci_dev completely? From quick code inspection, that seems to be
    not too much trouble to increase from 4 then.

      Last update: 2005-05-24 19:43    [W:0.020 / U:0.184 seconds]