    SubjectRe: When we detect that a 16550 was in fact part of a NatSemi SuperIO chip

    On Sun, 22 May 2005, David Woodhouse wrote:
    > Linus, please do not apply patches from me which have my personal
    > information mangled or removed.

    I've asked Russell not to do it, but the fact is, he's worried about legal
    issues, and while I've also tried to resolve those (by having the OSDL
    lawyer try to contact some lawyers in the UK), that hasn't been clarified

    So either rmk needs to stop worrying about UK legal issues (the law itself
    sounds fine, but the stupidity is in potential interpretations of it, and
    I'm hoping we can get a statement saying that such an interpretation is
    not actually valid), or rmk would need to special-case you and others that
    explicitly ask him not to mangle sign-offs.

    Now, having myself aggressively automated a lot of what I do just to be
    able to keep up, I have to admit that I understand rmk's objections to
    special-casing certain email addresses very well. It tends to just not be
    worth the pain.

    So for now, it looks like we either have to make sure that rmk is
    comfortable with not editing sign-off's (working on it, but I can't
    guarantee anything), or that you're ok with getting the email stripped,
    _or_ you will end up having to send patches directly to me rather than to
    rmk (and face the chaos and bumbling that is Linus).

      Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:0.020 / U:97.672 seconds]