    SubjectRe: When we detect that a 16550 was in fact part of a NatSemi SuperIO chip
    On Sun, May 22, 2005 at 12:57:13PM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
    > Linus, please do not apply patches from me which have my personal
    > information mangled or removed. I object to having my contributions
    > anonymised in this way, just as I object to the contributions of others
    > being anonymised. This makes it harder to contact those responsible for
    > changes which are committed via Russell's trees, and makes a nonsense of
    > the practice of including Signed-off-by: lines from the contributor.
    > If Russell thinks that he's bound by the UK's Data Protection Act, then
    > he presumably thinks that he's also obliged to honour my demand that he
    > correct my personal information in his 'database'. His nonsensical
    > amateur interpretation of the law would put him in a Catch-22 situation.

    I don't have time nor the inclination to deal with your petty single
    mindedness thought games at the moment.

    However, what I will say is that if you think you know better than
    solicitors, why don't you become one. At that point you can start
    preaching about such things to others. Until then, your opinions
    are only opinions and I don't have to take any notice what so ever
    of you.

    Welcome to /dev/null - since I can't handle the stress you're causing
    by this. It's nice and large and will contain everything further you
    have to say on the subject *until* OSDL have completed their own
    investigation into this issue.

    It's rather a shame that you can't be patient and work this out in
    a civilised manner isn't it?

    Russell King
    Linux kernel 2.6 ARM Linux -
    maintainer of: 2.6 Serial core

      Last update: 2005-05-22 15:04    [W:0.022 / U:6.736 seconds]