SubjectRe: [OT] Joerg Schilling flames Linux on his Blog
> ... flames the LKML about how Linux breaks cdrecord
> (instead of just admitting cdrecord is broken)

I've always used cdr-tools on Linux and Windows since it is the
only/best tool for mastering CDs. It takes the installation of Joerg's
library, but after that, it's worked wonderfully. This is even the
tool that is suggested by the HOWTOs that newbies are told to read. It
has always appeared to me that it was the only/best tool.

If it's broken, then surely there's an unbroken drop-in replacement
program that should be used. And surely it works much better than
cdr-tools and is easier to use. However, after a few seconds of Google
searches, I was unable to find it.

So what is the new tool that is suggested to be used? I'd rather not
be using broken software. Thanks.

(This is really only a half-sarcastic reply. I really would like to
know if there's a better tool. However, I'm also trying to point out
that Joerg's software seems to be all that can be used at the moment
and so it's hard for me as a humble end-user to really care if his
software is broken since it works.)

  Last update: 2005-05-22 03:25    [W:0.338 / U:0.536 seconds]