    SubjectRe: GDB, pthreads, and kernel threads
    Douglas McNaught wrote:

    >John Clark <> writes:
    >>Also, I do believe I'm using the NPTL package for threads. Is there a
    >>way to absolutely tell without
    >If you see multiple 'ps' entries for threads (without using any
    >special flags to ps) you are not using NPTL. NPTL is in 2.6 and in
    >some vendor 2.4 kernels, but not in 2.4.X.

    I used the hint from Ajay Patel and found that in my 'installed' glibc
    on my host 'linuxthreads' was being
    used. However, I did compile glibc-2.3.5 for the host and results from
    that indicate that the nptl threads
    version is begin used.

    I will see if 1) the Gentoo distribution which was installed on the host
    machine I'm using has an updated
    version of everything to the nptl threads, or 2) compile gdb against the
    glibc-2.3.5 which has the
    ntpl threads.

    Also, I'm using a 2.6.5 kernel in my host development environment, and
    using a kernel
    in my target. The target is actually using uClibc, and so I will check
    for the type of threads package
    that is being supported there as well.

    John Clark

      Last update: 2005-05-19 19:31    [W:0.021 / U:47.136 seconds]