SubjectKdump test update
These I have tested the kernel 2.6.12-rc3-mm3 with the following test
suites, with kdump enabled

Test Suite:
NetPerf, FSracer(race condition in file system) with LVM partitions
(over ext2,ext3,JFS,XFS), NetPipe, ltpRunall, Cerberus, KernBench

System Info:
Distro: SLES 9 SP1
Hardwares on which is test cases are run:
A) 1way, Pentium IV 2.8GHz, 2G RAM
- Network Interface (e1000)
- Disk I/O: SCSI storage controller: Adaptec Ultra320

B) SMP, 2way, Pentium III (Coppermine) 1 GHz, 1.3G RAM
- Network Interface (e100)
- Disk I/O: SCSI storage controller: Adaptec Ultra160

C) SMP, 2way, Xeon TM 2.8GHz, 1.5G RAM
- Network Interface (Tigon3)
- Disk I/O: SCSI storage controller: IBM Serve RAID

Software:
1. kernel - linux-2.6.12-rc3-mm3
2. kexec-tools-1.101 + kdump patches

Command line parameters
root = <> vga=0x31a selinux=0 splash=silent resume=<> elevator=cfq showpts
crashkernel=48M@16M console=tty0 console=ttyS0,38400n1

Test:
All test were run with the kdump enabled.

o On SMP 2 way 1.5G machine ran test suite FSracer over LVM partition and
the test ran without failures. Manually caused panic by triggering
through sysrq-trigger.Secondary kernel booted properly without any
issues.
I was able to take the dump.

o On SMP 2 way 1.5G machine ran test suite netPerf as full duplex (both as

server and client) with SMP 2 way 1.3G machine serving as the other
end of the duplex. Manually caused panic through sysrq-trigger in SMP
2 way 1.5G machine and able to get dump successfully.

o SMP 2 way 1.3G machine ran Netperf, the test ran successfully. along
with full duplex NetPipe test that I mentioned earlier. Manually
caused panic in SMP 2 way 1.3G machine through insmod and able to get
dump successfully.

o SMP 2 way 1.3G machine ran test ltp, test came out with failures (Bug
No: 4604,4612,4618). Manually Caused panic with insmod and second
kernel booted successfully and able to take dump.

o On 1way 2G RAM machine ran test cerberus, test ran successfully and
manually caused panic through sysrq-trigger and able to get dump
successfully.

o On 1way 2G RAM machine ran test KERNBENCH, test ran successfully and
manually caused panic through sysrq-trigger and able to get dump
successfully.

  Last update: 2005-05-18 07:55    [W:0.024 / U:0.136 seconds]