Subject2.6.11.x: kernel-8250_pci driver
Hi,

I would like to request some help from the device drivers experts.
The 8250_pci driver has pci_boards[] array, enumeration constants (enum
pci_board_num_t) and also pci_serial_quirk[] array for storing the data
of PCI boards from various vendors such as HP, Intel etc.,

Should the order of data in the pci_boards[] array and
pci_serial_quirk[] be according to the enumeration constants ordered in
the pci_board_num_t ?

The procedure
static int __devinit pciserial_init_one(struct pci_dev *dev, const
struct pci_device_id *ent)
has the dev and ent structures to hold info on a given PCI board. When
and where from these variables get their data? Can some one help me by
answering the above two questions? I could not get much info from the
documentation or the Device Drivers book. Thanks in advance.

V. Ananda Krishnan

  Last update: 2005-05-14 00:09    [W:0.042 / U:33.800 seconds]