    SubjectRe: 2.4.30-hf1 do_IRQ stack overflows

    > > Hi,
    > > with recent versions of the 2.4 kernel (Vanilla), I get an increasing
    > > amount of do_IRQ stack overflows.
    > > This night, I got 3 of them.
    > > With 2.4.28 I got an overflow about twice a year, with 2.4.29 nearly
    > > once a month and with 2.4.30 nearly every day 8-((
    > stupid question : have you tried reverting to older versions to check
    > if the problem follows kernel upgrades or if something is ageing badly
    > in your machine ?
    No, I have not, and I think I will not find the needed time to fully
    track it down.

    > > My layout: Pentium4 HT SMP, raid1 on a promise card, driven by
    > > libata_promise, everything using reiserfs, heavy nfs and network
    > traffic,
    > > with a Linksys (tulip) and a Realtek (8139too) NIC.
    > do you mean that you tested both with tulip and realtek and that the
    > problem happens with both of them, or that your machine needs those
    > two NICs simultaneously ? Using a realtek with heavy NFS and network
    > traffic seems somewhat odd, eventhough the driver is rather stable.
    both simultaneously. I thought the realtek is enough for the internet
    connection, as the bottleneck clearly is the ISP (we have a 10Mb/s wire).
    "heavy" is relative, a few handful (<20) of concurrent connections.
    the other NIC is the connection to the internal network.

    > > The used 2.4.30-hf1 is pure Vanilla.
    > >
    > > Below my three overflow messages. Would the stack reduction patches of
    > > Badari Pulavarty help in my case?
    > I don't know. I suspect that it might delay the problem but not remove
    > it.
    > Regards,
    > Willy

    +++ Neu: Echte DSL-Flatrates von GMX - Surfen ohne Limits +++
    Always online ab 4,99 Euro/Monat:

      Last update: 2005-05-12 09:49    [W:0.022 / U:5.984 seconds]