    SubjectRe: kexec?
    On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 01:51:41PM +0200, Borislav Petkov wrote:
    > On Wednesday 11 May 2005 08:04, Maneesh Soni wrote:
    > <snip>
    > > >
    > > > kexec-tools-1.101 loads for me, but if cmdline is used, it hangs up
    > > > after "Starting new kernel"
    > >
    > > Thanks for trying this out. As Vivek mentioned can you please try with
    > > bulding second or dump capture kernel with CONFIG_SMP=N and _without_
    > > maxcpus= option. Basically the second kernel's job is just to save the dump
    > > and it doesnot need to be a SMP kernel. There are some issues with booting
    > > SMP kernel as dump capture kernel.
    > Hm, without 'maxcpus' seems to work. However, when booting into the new
    > kernel, the rootfs had to be fsck'ed due to "/ was not cleanly unmounted,
    > check forced." and then was forced to reboot linux due to inconsistency in
    > the fs. I simply did kexec -l <vmlinux> --args-linux --append="root=/dev/hda1
    > init 1" and then kexec -e to execute the loaded image. It seems that the
    > filesystems are not unmounted properly before loading the second kernel, (or
    > I am missing something..., which is more likely :))
    > > Also, it would be great help if you can also send us some hardware details
    > > about the system you are trying, like lspci,
    > [root@zmei] lspci -vv

    Thanks Boris, I have updated the kdump test page with details you provided.

    It will be nice if you could try kdump also on the similar lines.

    Maneesh Soni
    Linux Technology Center,
    IBM India Software Labs,
    Bangalore, India
    Phone: 91-80-25044990

      Last update: 2005-05-12 08:46    [W:0.023 / U:12.152 seconds]