Subject: Re: ALPS testers wanted (Was Re: [RFT/PATCH] KVMS, mouse losing
sync and going crazy)
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 14:12:21 -0500
From: Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torokhov@gmail.com>
To: Mitch <Mitch@0bits.com>
CC: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org

On 5/10/05, Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torokhov@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/10/05, Mitch <Mitch@0bits.com> wrote:
> > Still no go. Log attached.
> >

> But I see a proper response (absolute packet) to the POLL command so
> we are maiking progress I think. It looks like the touchpad was left
> in disabled state somehow. Have you tried both the touchpad and
> trackpoint? Are both of them dead?

Btw, does it help if you stick "ps2_command(&psmouse->ps2dev, NULL,
PSMOUSE_CMD_ENABLE)" at the end of alps_poll, just before "return rc"?
Another option is sticking it before second alps_passthrough_mode.

Unfortunately we don't have any ALPS programming notes so we have to
resort to trial-and-error way.

--
Dmitry