SubjectRe: several messages
Hello and thanks for the replies

On Wed, 11 May 2005, Vladislav Bolkhovitin wrote:
> Actually, this is property not of iSCSI target itself, but of any SCSI target.
> So, we implemented it as part of our SCSI target mid-level (SCST,
> http://scst.sourceforge.net), therefore any target driver working over it will
> automatically benefit from this feature. Unfortunately, currently available
> only target drivers for Qlogic 2x00 cards and for poor UNH iSCSI target (that
> works not too reliable and only with very specific initiators). The published

The above confirms basically my understanding apart from one "minor"
confusion - I thought, that parallel to hardware solutions pure software
implementations were possible / being developed, like a driver, that
implements a SCSI LDD API on one side, and forwards packets to an IP
stack, say, over an ethernet card - on the initiator side. And a counter
part on the target side. Similarly to the USB mass-storage and storage
gadget drivers?

Thanks
Guennadi
---
Guennadi Liakhovetski

  Last update: 2005-05-12 00:18    [W:0.184 / U:13.620 seconds]