    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] hotplug-ng 002 release
    On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 02:10 +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
    > On May 11, Rusty Russell <rusty@rustcorp.com.au> wrote:
    >
    > > The other possible solution is for /etc/hotplug.d/blacklist to contain
    > > "install xxx /bin/false // install yyy /bin/true //
    > > include /etc/modprobe.d" and have hotplug invoke modprobe with
    > > --config=/etc/hotplug.d/blacklist. Substitute names to fit.

    > I understand that this modprobe would look for an alias or install
    > directive for $MODALIAS, while it's the actual module name which users
    > need to blacklist (but I know a few situations in which it would be
    > useful to be able to match $MODALIAS on the blacklist too...).

    Yes, I'm assuming that the config file/dir used by hotplug would simply
    look like:

    # Install commands so hotplug doesn't load some modules.
    # Use /bin/true so modprobe doesn't complain.

    # evbug is a debug tool and should be loaded explicitly
    install evbug /bin/true

    To blacklist by aliases, you could use install commands (which, again
    undefined, are actually implemented to override alias commands):

    # hotplug thinks that the XYZ driver is great for this card.
    # But that modprobe causes uncomfortable nasal daemons.
    install pci:v1d1dc0sd0bc10sc10i1 /bin/hotplug-warning

    If that becomes important, I can document that behaviour and add a test
    case for it.

    Thanks!
    Rusty.
    --
    A bad analogy is like a leaky screwdriver -- Richard Braakman