SubjectRe: Kernel SCM saga..
Roman Zippel wrote:

>It seems you exported the complete parent information and this is exactly
>the "nitty-gritty" I was "whining" about and which is not available via
>bkcvs or bkweb and it's the most crucial information to make the bk data
>useful outside of bk. Larry was previously very clear about this that he
>considers this proprietary bk meta data and anyone attempting to export
>this information is in violation with the free bk licence, so you indeed
>just took the important parts and this is/was explicitly verboten for
>normal bk users.

Yes, this is exactly the information that would be necessary to create a
general interop tool between bk and darcs|arch|monotone, and is the
fundamental objection I and others have had to open source projects
using BK. Is Bitmover willing to grant a special dispensation to allow a
lossless conversion of the linux history to another format?
-Tupshin

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans