SubjectRe: PATCH add support for system on chip (SoC) devices.
Date
On Apr 8, 2005, at 9:19 AM, Ian Molton wrote:

> Hi.
>
> This patch add support for a new 'System on Chip' or SoC bus type.
>
> This allows common drivers used in different SoC devices to be shared
> in
> a clean and healthy manner, for example, the MMC function on toshiba
> t7l66xb, tc6393xb, and Compaq IPAQ ASIC3.
>
> This is in common use in the handhelds.org CVS tree.
>
> The only real issue is that drivers using this currently tend to assume
> that the SoC is attached to a platfrom_bus. This can be resolved as and
> when it becomes an issue for people.

What is wrong with using platform_device for this? We have been doing
that on PPC for SoCs for a few months now and I'm pretty sure ARM has
been doing this even longer.

- kumar

  Last update: 2005-04-08 17:25    [W:0.054 / U:7.836 seconds]