    SubjectRe: [patch 3/5] sched: multilevel sbe and sbf
    Ingo Molnar wrote:

    > Acked-by: Ingo Molnar <>
    > note that no matter how much scheduler logic, in the end
    > cross-scheduling of tasks between nodes on NUMA will always have a
    > permanent penalty (i.e. the 'migration cost' is 'infinity' in the long
    > run), so the primary focus _hast to be_ on 'get it right initially' When
    > tasks must spill over to other nodes will always remain a special case.
    > So balance-on-fork/exec/[clone] definitely needs to be aware of the full
    > domain tree picture.

    Yes, well put. I imagine this will only become more important as
    there becomes more push towards multiprocessing machines, and the
    need for higher memory bandwidth and lower latency to CPUs.

    SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.

      Last update: 2005-04-06 13:31    [W:0.020 / U:47.424 seconds]