SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.12-rc2
OK.  So far so good.  I can get 2.6.12-rc2 to run fine if:
1. I do not in any way attempt to *ahem* overclock the box.
--if I do, I get really ugly race errors flying around from just about
everywhere (pick a device at random, have it trip, and the scheduler
tripping right behind it).
2. I do not attempt in any way to run any sort of Nvidia (non-GPL)
driver. It fights with SBP2 (in a lot of different ways, first the
drivers want to kill off Firewire drives (one detected, the other not,
then on next boot, the reverse...), and also, when using GLX apps (and
trying to write to an SBP2 connected device, they clash (and fight and
the kernel doesn't die but gets bogged in errors...)
....and with the notes above, as I say, so far, so good. I am
attempting to hammer away at every device I have on the box (scanner,
printer, video (only GPL Nvidia), audio, cd, dvd, tv tuner etc.) so far,
so good.
Bob
--
Bob Gill <gillb4@telusplanet.net>