SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.12-rc2
On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 19:14 +0200, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > Benjamin Herrenschmidt:
> > o radeonfb: Implement proper workarounds for PLL accesses
> > o radeonfb: DDC i2c fix
> > o radeonfb: Fix mode setting on CRT monitors
> > o radeonfb: Preserve TMDS setting
>
> One of these patches introduced two regressions on my Thinkpad X31 with
> "ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility M6 LY (prog-if 00 [VGA])":
>
> 1. When resuming from S3 suspend and having switched off the backlight
> with radeontool the backlight isn't switched back on any more.

I'm not sure what's up here, it's a nasty issue with backlight. Can
radeontool bring it back ?

> 2. I'm using fbcon as my primary work environment, but tty switching has
> become _very_ sloppy, it's at least a second now, while with 2.6.11 it
> was as fast as a few ms. Is this caused by the "proper PLL accesses"?

Yes. Unfortunately. It's surprised it is that slow though, there
shouldn't be more than 5 or 6 PLL accesses on a normal mode switch, with
5ms pause for each, that should still be very reasonable. It looks like
we are doing a lot more accesses which I don't completely understand.

Ben.

  Last update: 2005-04-07 00:47    [W:0.068 / U:1.136 seconds]