    SubjectRe: [RFC/Patch 2.6.11] Take control of PCI Master Abort Mode
    Randy.Dunlap wrote:

    > Is this related (or could it be -- or should it be) at all to the
    > current discussion on the linux-pci mailing list
    > linux-pci@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz) about "PCI Error Recovery
    > API Proposal" ?

    I'm not familiar with the proposal, but this is not related to error
    recovery since master aborts are a way of life on the PCI bus and things
    just need to deal. The only question is how.

    >> the master. This can only happen when the system is heavily loaded.
    >

    > or a PCI device isn't playing nicely?

    Yes, but at least then you could blame the device in that case.

    [ style and grammar comments noted ]

    One thing I did fail to mention in my original post is that all of this
    could be done by rc scripts from user space, but that seems unclean to me.

    Ross

      Last update: 2005-04-06 15:53    [W:0.033 / U:30.244 seconds]