    SubjectRe: [RFC/Patch 2.6.11] Take control of PCI Master Abort Mode
    Randy.Dunlap wrote:
    > Is this related (or could it be -- or should it be) at all to the
    > current discussion on the linux-pci mailing list
    > about "PCI Error Recovery
    > API Proposal" ?

    I'm not familiar with the proposal, but this is not related to error
    recovery since master aborts are a way of life on the PCI bus and things
    just need to deal. The only question is how.

    >> the master. This can only happen when the system is heavily loaded.
    > or a PCI device isn't playing nicely?

    Yes, but at least then you could blame the device in that case.

    [ style and grammar comments noted ]

    One thing I did fail to mention in my original post is that all of this
    could be done by rc scripts from user space, but that seems unclean to me.

      Last update: 2005-04-06 15:53    [W:0.020 / U:10.840 seconds]