    SubjectRe: [patch] inotify for 2.6.11
    On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 19:20 +0200, Prakash Punnoor wrote:

    > BTW, what else could I use to make use of inotify? I know fam, which afaik
    > only uses dnotify.

    Beagle, a desktop search infrastructure. Check out

    Some other little projects. If anyone else is using it, please let us

    The main problem is that dnotify sucks so bad now that no one uses it.
    So we don't have any existing applications to convert, besides FAM, and
    we did that (via Gamin).

    I've been meaning to write some sample GNOME code to show how easy it is
    to use Inotify, even directly. I'll get on that.

    > > Anyhow, this should fix it. Confirm?
    > So far no problems. Interesting enough the previous patch worked w/o problem
    > the last hours...

    It might of been caused by a bug in Gamin, so it took some while to
    expose. It should only happen when the user asks to remove a watch on a
    wd that does not exist (I just forgot to check that error case in a bug
    fix I added).

    Keep pounding. It ought to be fixed, but please let me know if not!

    Robert Love

      Last update: 2005-04-06 13:31    [W:0.043 / U:10.660 seconds]