SubjectRe: module for controlling kprobes with /proc
Joel Becker wrote:
>> I have programmed a universal module to register/remove kprobes handlers
>> by interacting with /proc with simple commands.
>

> Looking at your code, I'm thinking you could really use
>configfs. With configfs, kernelspace objects are created and controlled
>via regular filesystem operations. Instead of echoing a cryptic line to
>your proc file, a user could instead create objects in a directory:
>
>To insert a handler:
> cd /config/kprobes
> mkdir myhandler
> cd myhandler
> echo 0x12345678 > handler_address
> echo 0x87654321 > breakpoint_address
> echo post > when
>
>To remove one:
> cd /config/kprobes
> rmdir myhandler
>
> If this interests you at all, see
>http://oss.oracle.com/projects/ocfs2/src/trunk/fs/configfs/,
>specifically configfs.txt and configfs_example.c. I'm going to be
>submitting this for mainline inclusion soon.

Joel, thank you very much - this looks like a Good Idea. I am going
to try configfs as soon as my schedule permits.
(Will be grateful for any directions, as I'm new in kernelspace :-))

Piotr
PS Hope you don't mind me quoting your message here.

  Last update: 2005-04-06 13:31    [W:0.071 / U:0.020 seconds]