SubjectRe: kernel.org replaced
On Apr 4, 2005 9:53 PM, H. Peter Anvin <hpa@zytor.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> HP has most graciously donated a pair of DL585 quad Opteron servers
> with 24 GB of RAM and 10 TB of disk using a pair of MSA-30 arrays for
> each server. The first ones of these servers was officially put in
> service today; the next one will be put in service next week. Each
> server is in a different ISC colo, connected to the Internet via
> gigabit fiber links.

This is excellent news...

> Consequently, we should now see incredibly much better performance
> from kernel.org. Huge thanks to HP for the new hardware, and huge
> thanks to ISC for letting us quadruple our rack space requirements
> from 5U to 2x10U. We'll be saturating those links in no time :)

I don't know - 2.6.12-rc2 has been announced a few hours
ago on http://www.kernel.org , still the patch isn't there.. it
will be hard to saturate links that way ;)

--alessandro

"I want to know if it's you I don't trust
'cause I damn sure don't trust myself"

(Bruce Springsteen, "Brilliant Disguise")

  Last update: 2005-04-06 13:31    [W:0.068 / U:0.312 seconds]