SubjectRe: non-free firmware in kernel modules, aggregation and unclear copyright notice.
On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 08:27:53PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> Mmm, probably that 2001 discussion about the keyspan firmware, right ?
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2001/04/msg00145.html
>
> Can you summarize the conclusion of the thread, or what you did get from it,
> please ?

That people didn't like the inclusion of firmware, I posted how you can
fix it by moving it outside of the kernel, and asked for patches.

None have come.

So I refuse to listen to talk about this, as obviously, no one cares
enough about this to actually fix the issue.

People drag this up about once a year, so you are just following the
trend...

This is my last reply to this thread, unless it contains code.

greg k-h