    SubjectRe: non-free firmware in kernel modules, aggregation and unclear copyright notice.
    On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 08:27:53PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
    > Mmm, probably that 2001 discussion about the keyspan firmware, right ?
    > Can you summarize the conclusion of the thread, or what you did get from it,
    > please ?

    That people didn't like the inclusion of firmware, I posted how you can
    fix it by moving it outside of the kernel, and asked for patches.

    None have come.

    So I refuse to listen to talk about this, as obviously, no one cares
    enough about this to actually fix the issue.

    People drag this up about once a year, so you are just following the

    This is my last reply to this thread, unless it contains code.

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2005-04-06 13:31    [W:0.018 / U:4.228 seconds]