SubjectRe: USB maintainer, Greg Kroah ---->> PWC discussion
Adrian Bunk wrote:

>On Sat, Apr 30, 2005 at 05:07:04PM +0200, Prisoner Of War wrote:
>

>>Dear readers of this maillinglist,
>>

>Hi "Prisoner Of War" [1],

>>Now my dear daughter has her own laptop and she insists to run linux on
>>it. She just had her birthday and she got a nice logitec webcam so she
>>can use it on that very stable system.
>>
>>BUT NO!!
>>
>>These days she can't anymore. Why ?? Because there's a problem between
>>hrh Greg Kroah (usb maintainer) and somebody who did his best to give
>>user the possibility of using a goodworking webcam.
>>
>>I don't want the discussion if it's proper or not to have that driver in
>>the kernel. I have just the problem that i have todo more before it works...
>>
>>I realy don't give a sh*t about that. I just want one thing and that is
>>that the webcam starts working again and work like in ASAP. Rather
>>yesterday then today.
>>

>if you'd have looked at the facts instead of writing this public flame
>you would have noticed, that the pwc driver was already in 2.6.12-rc
>yesterday, and that it was even there several days before yesterday.

It was taken out. Why ? Coz it's not working? Since a few days back...if
you don't take it out you don't have to put it back.

>>So here's a user yrh Greg Kroah that realy wants that driver back in.
>>I'm a user and i'm not alone! There are more users like me and what we
>>want is that we have hardware which should work with the os we choose.
>>We choose linux because it's stable and it's not wintendo. Are you gonna
>>decide for us what we want ?? I hope not coz history tells us that those
>>kind of people never last long...
>>

>It wasn't that Greg simply wanted to take the hardware support away from
>the users of Linux.

He did it and i / we users had the problem.

>Greg also does his best to give the users of Linux a good working
>kernel. The details of how to achieve this might be discussible, but
>constructive contributions are usually more constructive than public flames.

This wasn't a flame....

>>So what about it are you going to help me? And make it possible for us
>>to use our choosen hardware?
>>

>Wait for 2.6.12.
>
>Or (if there is a pressing need for you) use 2.6.11-ac or 2.6.12-rc3.
>

>>I realy hope you listen to me / us because I / we choose linux above
>>windows...
>>

>It's usually more impressive to point to your contributions to the
>development of the Linux kernel (if any).

This is the greatest bullsh*t ever written. With other words if you
don't contribute you need to silent....
BTW i / we did.

>I for one have used a few minutes of the part of my spare time I do
>spend for Linux kernel development for writing this email instead of
>doing any work...

And used some extra time to be sarcastic....What a waste.....

>>Regards,
>>
>>Gabriel Kenter
>>

>cu
>Adrian
>
>[1] what a funny name your parents did choose for you

Does a name count.......strange.....talking about open....

-=-=-
... Fact #55
Many researchers advocate rather than investigate.
-- "Facts and Fallacies of Software Engineering"
(Robert L. Glass, 2002)

For more information please visit http://linux.bitdefender.com/