SubjectRe: USB maintainer, Greg Kroah ---->> PWC discussion
Jesper Juhl wrote:

>On Sat, 30 Apr 2005, Adrian Bunk wrote:
>

>>On Sat, Apr 30, 2005 at 05:07:04PM +0200, Prisoner Of War wrote:
>>

>>>Dear readers of this maillinglist,
>>>

>>Hi "Prisoner Of War" [1],

>>>Now my dear daughter has her own laptop and she insists to run linux on
>>>it. She just had her birthday and she got a nice logitec webcam so she
>>>can use it on that very stable system.
>>>
>>>BUT NO!!
>>>
>>>These days she can't anymore. Why ?? Because there's a problem between
>>>hrh Greg Kroah (usb maintainer) and somebody who did his best to give
>>>user the possibility of using a goodworking webcam.
>>>
>>>I don't want the discussion if it's proper or not to have that driver in
>>>the kernel. I have just the problem that i have todo more before it works...
>>>
>>>I realy don't give a sh*t about that. I just want one thing and that is
>>>that the webcam starts working again and work like in ASAP. Rather
>>>yesterday then today.
>>>

>>if you'd have looked at the facts instead of writing this public flame
>>you would have noticed, that the pwc driver was already in 2.6.12-rc
>>yesterday, and that it was even there several days before yesterday.

Yesterday it wasn't important for me. Coz i'm just a user.....

>Not to mention that it has also been available sepperately from the kernel
>for a while at http://www.saillard.org/linux/pwc/

Yes i know / knew that. But that's the point.

>>>So here's a user yrh Greg Kroah that realy wants that driver back in.
>>>I'm a user and i'm not alone! There are more users like me and what we
>>>want is that we have hardware which should work with the os we choose.
>>>We choose linux because it's stable and it's not wintendo. Are you gonna
>>>decide for us what we want ?? I hope not coz history tells us that those
>>>kind of people never last long...
>>>

>>It wasn't that Greg simply wanted to take the hardware support away from
>>the users of Linux.

It wasn't him.....think twice....

>>Greg also does his best to give the users of Linux a good working
>>kernel. The details of how to achieve this might be discussible, but
>>constructive contributions are usually more constructive than public
>>flames.

Oh i believe he does and I know he does. But the way i reacted is just
like a user. From the users point of view.

>>>So what about it are you going to help me? And make it possible for us
>>>to use our choosen hardware?
>>>

>>Wait for 2.6.12.
>>
>>Or (if there is a pressing need for you) use 2.6.11-ac or 2.6.12-rc3.
>>

>>>I realy hope you listen to me / us because I / we choose linux above
>>>windows...
>>>

>If you really want Greg to answer your questions then I'm wondering why
>you didn't write this email to him or at least put him on CC:...

I didn't write it to him because he's on this list and besides that
there are websites who give you the possibility to read this list as i
do that myself.

But the effect i wanted to reach is reached.

Regards,

Gabriel Kenter
-=-=-
... AMAZING BUT TRUE
If all the salmon caught in Canada in one year were laid end to end across
the Sahara Desert, the smell would be absolutely awful.

For more information please visit http://linux.bitdefender.com/